The Cock and Bull re-opened for dine-in and accommodation on 26th April 2021.
We have procedures in place to reassure you that as well as still providing the same friendly and comfortable place to dine, we are also providing a safe one!
Below are the new procedures you can expect when visiting the restaurant for a sit-down meal:
Staff will be wearing masks , all staff have been trained in the government guidelines and are aware that they must stay home and isolate if they have any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Booking is via online or telephone, which will allow us to collect information from the lead customer of the reservation party to aid the Scottish Government’s Test and Protect* programme. When you visit the restaurant details must be taken from all customers in the party.
- Social distancing can now be reduced to 1 metre between tables.
- Maximum table size is 10 people from 4 households – a support bubble counts as one household and children under 12 are not counted towards the 10.
- When your booking is confirmed, we ask that you please adhere to the time allocated as we cannot accommodate early arrivals. We also ask that you please let us know if you are to be late, with limited seating capacity we can then reshuffle tables if necessary.
- There is a facility within your booking confirmation to cancel a booking, please use this if you cannot make your reservation in order that we can re-sell this table – the impact of Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on our industry and no-shows only compound this.
- On arrival we have an anti-bacterial wash station within the front door, please use before entering. If there are already customers waiting in the front bar to be seated, please maintain a 2 metre distance.
- Please wear a mask when moving around the restaurant – this can be removed when seated at your table.
- You will be shown straight to your table by a member of staff, please do not take a seat until one of our waiting staff is on hand. Due to limited seating we cannot change the table that has been allocated to you during the reservation process.
- Please try to remain at your seat at all times unless using the toilet facilities, if you require assistance a server will be on hand to help.
- There are male and female toilets in the conservatory and also a toilet located at the far end of the lounge, please follow the signage at each facility.
- There will be an anti-bacterial wash station at the entrance to the toilets, please use this before using the facility. Toilets will be cleaned thoroughly at regular intervals.
- There will be no utensils on your table when you arrive, these will be brought to your table and please be assured that all tables are sterilised between sittings.
- Menus will be washable and cleaned thoroughly between use.
- Well-behaved dogs will be permitted in the lounge area but please do not allow dogs to interact with other diners within the lounge area.
- Payment for your meal will be via credit card machine, if contactless is not possible chip and pin can be used and the card machine will be sterilised between use.
- Last bookings are taken at 8.45pm and the restaurant will close at 11pm to allow for deep cleaning before reopening in the morning.
- When leaving the premises please ensure that you stay 2 metres from other customers arriving or leaving the premises.
*Test and Protect was launched across Scotland on 28 May and aims to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the community by:
- identifying cases of coronavirus through testing
- tracing the people who may have become infected by spending time in close contact with them
- supporting those close contacts to self-isolate, so that if they have the disease they are less likely transmit it to others
The gathering of contact information from customers by hospitality businesses, in a secure and safe manner, will assist NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect service to identify any clusters of cases, contact those who may have been exposed to the virus, and request them to take appropriate steps to prevent the potential onward spread of the virus. This could involve asking individuals to self-isolate for 14 days.
Containing outbreaks early is crucial to reduce the spread of COVID-19, protect the NHS and save lives, and avoid the reintroduction of social and economic lockdown. This will support the country to return to, and maintain, a more normal way of life.
Lawful basis for collecting this data
Under data protection law, GDPR Article 6(1), we have a number of lawful bases that allow us to collect and process personal information. In this case, the lawful basis for processing your data is ‘legitimate interests’.
Broadly speaking ‘legitimate interests’ means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Our legitimate reason for processing your data is to assist with NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect strategy in relation to the coronavirus public health epidemic.
Before sharing any information we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Your personal data will be retained only for the purposes stated in this privacy notice and will be held by us for no more than 3 weeks (21 days).
All personal data will be held and disposed of in a safe and secure manner.
As defined in the data protection law, GDPR Article(s) 12-23, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This is outlined above.
- the right to erasure. If at any point within the 21 days after your visit you decide you’d like us to delete the personal data you provided, please advise us and we will delete all information related to you.
- the right to object to us processing your personal data. If you do so, we will delete all the personal data we hold in relation to you.
- the right to rectification. If the information held is in any way incorrect, you can contact the data controller and request that the information be rectified.
In certain circumstances exemptions to these rights may apply.
The Cock and Bull Ellon Rd Balmedie AB23 8XY Email: email@example.com